Monday, April 8, 2019

Manga

I recently got into manga and I love it. It really opened my eyes to what other countries read and what they were interested in and it really surprised me in the type of genres there are for manga, and the subjects were different from regular comics and books I've read. Shoujo is what I am interested in mostly as well as josei but I've read a little bit of the other genres and they are all great and fascinating in their own way but I guess I'm more of the romance area.
I read Angel's Hill for this week's reading and I really enjoyed it, it was a different style to other artists and manga out there and I like the quality and the juxtaposition of it. It's very organic and loose with it's brushwork but the story has some mature subjects, such as the main character being a slave and being taken to be killed and used are not something you would see in a kid-like drawing style but that's what I like about it. The author is challenging the reader and getting them to see things in a different light and surprising them when they aren't expecting to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment